Shiva is considered to be the unique of all Hindu gods. Lord Shiva is the godhead who is always in deep meditation in the Kailash Mountain of the Great Himalaya. Shiva is the god of all and also closely related to Shakti- Parvati who is the daughter of Himavaan. There is no Shakti without Shiva and no Shiva without Shakti. Both two are closely related to each other.for the lord shiva Wallpapers and images in HD.
Lord Shiva who is also known as the God of Destruction is the third god of the Hindu triumvirate which consists of Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu as well. However, Lord Shiva is of utmost importance and is also considered as Devon Ke Dev Mahadev meaning Lord of all Lords. Also, there are various interesting facts about Lord Shiva which you should know and shall stun you as Shivaratri is approaching.
According to the Hindu Priests, Shiva can destroy this world with his third eye within a second. His symbol of the phallus and Lingam shows his great power.Lord Shiva is considered as the Supreme Being representation. In the Hindu Trinity, he is the third element and other two members are Lord Vishnu– the protector and Lord Brahma- the creator. Shiva is only responsible for life cycle maintenance as the destruction and recreation cycle is in a circle always.
Shiva can be seen in many faces, as destroyer, creator and preserver. Lord Shiva contains both evil and good. He is really free of inhibitions, protector of the down trodden, moody and has the complete power to changes the destiny laws.
Lord Shiva is also known as God of Kindness and Mercy. Devotees get protection from all evil with the help of Shiva blessings. He always blesses his all followers with peace, knowledge and grace. Start chanting Om Namah Shivay for Healthy & Prosperous life.
Also Read: किसी लड़की को कैसे इम्प्रेस ( impress ) करें
Shiva is also known as mahadeva and 100 of other name is the popular god for hindu. lord Ganesha and lord kartikeya is two children of shiva and parvati. Lord shiva is popular in central asia There are 113 popular name of lord shiva.
Here is the some name Lord Shiva Wallpapers
This shivratri reveal some interesting facts about your lord:
Lord Shiva, who is the creator and destructor of the world, is one of three major Gods. He himself is the sole bearer of the lives and all the souls reside in Him. The Trimurti is a concept in the Hindu mythology, in which all the cosmic functions of the creation, maintenance, and the destruction are personified by the three different forms of the God.
Download Lord Shiva Images & Wallpaper in HD:
Free Download Lord Shiva images in HD:
Vishnu the maintainer or preserver and Shiva the destroyer or transformer
Lord Shiva has been righteous and justified for what he is known best for. Her wife Sati, who was the epitome of beauty and their love, has been admired the most spiritual. But as says the fortune she has to leave Shiva, but she promises to take rebirth as parvati and meet him. Maa Parvati, who is also known as adhishakti and lord shiva, both are the creator of the world. Lord Ganesha and Lord Kartike are their kids.
Here are some interesting facts about lord Shiva and Parvati
- Lord Shiva made maa Kali to step on him in order to make her calm down. Maa Kali, the angry avatar of Maa parvati was about to destroy the whole world but by stepping on her husband she realizes and calms down to her real avatar.
- Ramayana is incomplete without Lord Hanuman. Hanuman is the avatar of Lord Shiva and he has made his presence throughout the story to serve Lord Ram and Sita.
- The story of Amaranth cave! This is an investing fact that while on the way to Amaranth Lord Shiva situated the precious things and revealed the secret behind immortality. The name of the cave has been kept as Amaranth because the secret of being amar (immortal) was revealed.
- Also nandi (bull) is the ride of Lord Shiva. Moreover, he is also his messenger. So whenever we go to temple we use to say and ask to fulfil the wishes in Nandi’s ear as he gives out the message to lots Shiva.
- Very few people know this fact that before accepting parvati as his wife Lord Shiva tested parvati’s devotion in many ways.
- The lord Shiva also consumed the dangerous poison which was taken out when the Samudra Manthan which is (churning of the milk ocean) happened. This saves the universe but his throat became blue and hence his name neelkanth became the bearer.
- Lord Shiva is associated with the masculine energy and Maa paravati who is also known as Shakti is associated with the feminine energy or Prakriti. Together they are known as aadhishakti.
- The creation of Nataraj Of Lord Shiva is associated with the destruction in which he dances also known as Tandav and the re-creation of the Universe.
- Maa Shakti also has 9 Avatars that includes Shailaputri, Brahmacharini, Maa Kali, Surya and Maha Gauri.
We hope these interesting facts surely surprised you and added more info to your side. There are many other things and secrets that are hidden into the Hindu mythology. Read out to find more.facts about Lord Shiva which you should know and shall stun you as Shivaratri is approaching.
below are some of the interesting facts about Lord Shiva:
The vehicle of Lord Shiva, Nandi is also said to be the bearer of wisdom and righteousness. There is a story behind that which is as follows: once the mother of the entire world’s cow Surabhi gave birth to many cows then they all started giving milk which flooded the Himalaya disturbing Lord Shiva’s meditation and then all the cows had to face the wrath of his third eye. During the process of calming down he was offer a bull named Nandi son of Surabhi and Kasyapa.
Shiva-Parvati is well known but Parvati was Shiva’s first wife, Sati, the granddaughter of Lord Brahma.
Ravana was the greatest devotee of Lord Shiva and made the Lord happy by his devotion by composing a Veena out of his heads and tendons and played a song praising the Lord. Don’t forget Lord Shiva Wallpaper in HD Quality.
We all know about Sudarshana Chakra that is the sword of Lord Vishnu but very few know that it was presented by Lord Shiva to Lord Vishnu.
Lord Shiva is also called as Neelkanth because of his deep blue throat. It was because he drank the poison to save the Earth and his throat turned blue. Kailash Parvat, the abode of Lord Shiva is considered to be the centre of the Universe. Shiva is also called as Nataraj and is the cosmic dancer who destroys the Universe to make way for Brahma for creating another new one.
Whatever marks, ornaments, etc are seen on Lord Shiva’s body, everything symbolizes something in this world.
The trident or trishul of Lord Shiva symbolizes the unity of the three world of a human being- his inner world, his immediate world and his broader world.
Lord Shiva is known for his temper and anger but he is also known for his innocence and is also called as Bholenath meaning innocent lord who is easily convinced. Every year Mahashivaratri is celebrated to honor him and a huge number of devotees offer their prayers and Prasad and seek blessing of Lord Shiva on this auspicious day. They fast and pray to the lord to wash away everything evil from their mind and soul and make them pious and filled with good values. People do Abhishek of Lord Shiva with coconut water, milk and pray the lord to fulfill all their wishes.